Who is it for?
The care certificate is designed to give new staff and existing staff working in the care industry the same induction and confidence that they have learnt the same skills, knowledge and performances to provide compassionate, safe and high quality care and support to service users they are working with. It also offers staff an opportunity to refresh, develop their existing skills and improve their knowledge
The role of support workers
- Carrying out general housekeeping tasks such as cooking their meals, shopping, domestic duties and working with the Service Users to maintain and achieve their desired outcomes
- Assisting with all aspects of personal care
- Facilitating socialization within their wider community and engaging them in meaningful social activities such as visiting family/friends, cinemas/theatres, eating meals out and taking walks to libraries and other nearby areas.
- Monitoring service user’s progress by maintaining proper recording notes on daily recording sheets.
- To liaise with family members, friends, advocates and other external agencies including social services and GPs as well as with the management team to provide a consistent multi-disciplinary approach that meets the service user’s needs.
- To empathise with service users and actively participating in a sensitive manner to access appropriate additional support as assessed/ needed
- To assist and support Service Users to access appropriate health care services by enabling them to make an informed choice regarding any prescribed treatment and advice.
- To assist service users by creating opportunities to develop, establish and maintain personal relationships of their choice and legal social networks, which encourage them to participate fully in their chosen communities without discriminating them.
- To carry out any other duties in line with their job role as required by the Service Manager.
Care roles/health care assistant (please remove either cares or health care assistants page and leave just one as it is the same thing and include these roles)
- Carers are expected to understand how to treat vulnerable individuals they work with with dignity and respect.
- They are also required to understand equal opportunities and support the equality and diversity of the service users.
- To help service users to achieve and promote independence to the best of their abilities in all area’s of their life.
- To provide assistance to service users to manage both their health and social care requirements including but not limited to, washing, toileting, medication, bed making and preparing drinks and meals with dignity and respect.
Put another field –JOBS/RECRUITMENT/CAREERS OR JOB VACANCIES – info to add for this section)
We are currently recruiting for CARERS AND SUPPORT WORKERS WITHIN ALL AREAS OF ESSEX PLEASE TAKE OFF THE INFO IN RED/ REPLACE
The member of staff would be expected to:
- To report any changes/issues concerning the Service User to the office team and health care team.
- To be able to observe service users mental health and general physical health
- Completing service users care plans and daily notes as required
- Understanding fluctuating service user needs and support.
- To identify new risks and be able to carry out assessments in order to maintain service user safety around the house and other areas and be able to report back any areas of risk to management in accordance with the Health & Safety Act 1974
- To be able to respect and maintain confidentiality and not to divulging any information to other people or third parties involved or not involved with the service user unless consent to share such information has been sort and provided in writing and agreed with the Service Manager and next of kin.
- To work in accordance with your job description, contract of employment, policies and guidelines of EARLYBIRD RECRUITMENT LTD.
- To promote equal opportunities and respect diversity, different culture and values
- To work to contribute to the overall development of the company by promoting a positive image of.(EARLYBIRD RECRUITMENT LTD)
- To attend training courses/seminars held internally and by outside agencies as required.
- To be prepared to attend regular supervisions by accepting and providing constructive feedback.
Essential Skills and experience required
- Minimum of 6 months experience in working with adults/young people who have learning/multiple disabilities living in the community
- An understanding of the needs of adults who needs support as well as the young people with learning disabilities who are vulnerable within society.
- Experience of providing care to all age groups with complex needs.
- Must be physically fit and be able to undertake safe manual handling practices as required/ described in your job role
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be observant and sensitive to Service User’s needs
- To work autonomously and productively as part of a team to achieve set goals
- Must have good Knowledge of food hygiene/manual handling/health & safety standards and practice
- Current and clean driving licence but not essential as our jobs may need you to drive service users to appointments and other activities.
- NVQ 2 in Care
- Care Certificate